Frequently Asked Questions
We are pleased to assist you and to provide you with information! In the list of Frequently Asked Questions, you will find answers to many aspects of the European School Munich.
Taking into account the current admissions policy of the ESM, an enrollment of Category III pupils in all language sections is only possible for siblings and/or children from other European schools in classes with fewer than 24 pupils.
Category III children who are not siblings or come from other European schools can only be enrolled in the smaller language sections provided that the limit of 9 pupils has not been reached.
Enrolment of Category III children is only possible if the conditions outlined in the admission criteria are being met.
No, the allocation of the language sections is listed in the general rules of the school. Pupils without a language section (SWALS) will be allocated into the language section according to their choice of language 2.
- Please go to the General Rules
- Please go to vacancies
The ESM employs seconded teachers and locally recruited teachers.
Would you like to apply for a post as seconded teacher?
Applicants for seconded posts from other European countries can receive more detailed information from their national Board of Education and Science or click on the links below.
- Website of all European Schools
- Website Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- Website Zentralstelle für das Auslandsschulwesen
Would you like to apply for a post as locally recruited teacher?
Occasionally there are vacancies for locally recruited qualified teachers in various subjects and language sections. Locally recruited teachers should address their application to the offices of the Primary School and/or the Secondary School, also during the running school year.
The following documents are required:
- cover letter
- CV with photo
- evidence of teacher training (copy of diploma)
- references and track records, if available
We will enter your details into our list of applicants and will get in touch with you if any vacancies arise. Appointments with the Director will only be issued if there are actual possibilities of employment. Thank you for your understanding.
- The "School Calendar" is available in the calendar of each area. A complete list of all School Calendar dates can be found here
Please note that the school holidays of the ESM are not identical with those of other/regular German public schools.
On the Parents’ Association website you will find more answers to FAQs regarding the canteen, after school care, after school activities and school transport.
- The exam dates for Pre-BAC S7, Semester Tests S6, Semester Tests S5 can be found in the calendar of Secondary School and as an overview in the menu bar Secondary School/Documents